Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Gathering our Favorite Recipes for October!

October is almost here and I adore the recipes for the cooler months - It is all about soups, stews and rich flavors - Pots simmering on the stove and warm ovens perfect for baking! As I was tiptoeing through the blogosphere, I picked a few recipes that are on my list to try for October.  I also want to share a recipe from my nephew (who is 12 yrs old) who said that this is his "signature dish right now anyway" and he wanted to give it to me for October ... Are you ready for Tasty Tuesday?

There have been many amazing recipes that I have seen as we come out of summer for canning and preserving.  Those functions were something I remember watching my Grandmother and Great Aunts doing and I find that I am circling around to trying them myself.  I knew it was time when I stood in Walmart and contemplated the jars and when I had label envy as created by some of the other Mommy bloggers.

Here are two good ones that are on my list to try ... best part?  I copied the recipes to my 4virtu account - made my lists and sent them to my phone so I am ready to shop!

Hot Pepper & Garlic Jelly from @HousewifeBliss & @bizellis - can we just say pull up the YUM!?

Freezer Jam - A Sweet Success from @TauniTweets - this was so simple and sounded so delicious - Blackberry Peach?!  Makes my day!


A few more scrumptious delights ...

Roasted Vegetable (Sweet Potato, Eggplant, Tomato) Spread or Dip Recipe from @cookincanuck - Dara delivers consistently wonderful and easy to prepare recipes!  

Stuffed Eggplant (Papoutsakia) from @bittenword - grabbing the last yummy bits from the summer!

Burgundy Mushrooms from @thepioneerwoman  - I am a mushroom fanatic - I have yet to meet a mushroom I did not like so when I saw this recipe from Pioneer Woman Cooks - I had to include it!


Seafood Newburg (inspired by the tasty food demos at Publix!)

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic
1 lb bay scallops
1 teaspoon old bay
1 (10.75-oz) can condensed cream of shrimp soup
1/4 cup sherry
1 (3-oz) package cream cheese


  1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place garlic & butter in pan, then add scallops and sprinkle with old bay (make sure you taste!) ; cook and stir 2 minutes or just until scallops are opaque.
  2. Stir in soup, sherry, and cream cheese until well blended. Reduce heat to low; cook 4–5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve.


Now that we are all hungry ... Please share your favorite fall recipe!  Leave a link in the comments so we can check it out!

And get those Pumpkin recipes ready for next Tasty Tuesday!

Get your Recipes Organized with 4virtu! Make a list & send it to your phone or email - Have you registered for your free account yet?

1 comment:

  1. Kim, thanks so much for featuring my recipe! I tell you what, as simple as it is that Peach Blackberry is magic.

    I can't believe how quickly our jar went and how many of the "gifted" have called for the recipe or another jar :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails