Thursday, October 14, 2010

Today I Am Thankful For ...

I sat this morning with a steaming cup of coffee and watched the sun come up over the mountains. The birds were chirping, school is closed today so it was very quiet and still inside and outside. As the sun hit the mountains, all of the fall colors came alive - more yellow and red it seemed than even yesterday. I experienced a moment of complete peace and thankfulness for the day.

Being thankful is not an experience that needs to wait for Thanksgiving or another special occasion ... it is something that we need to express daily, especially on challenging days. Living in this moment, being aware of the blessings around us, even if it is the blessing that we have not freaked out during a rotten day can be a way to bring greater appreciation to our daily lives.  Gratitude can shift our focus from stress to love in just a moment.


Conscious acts of gratitude are contagious - saying Thank You, smiling, dropping a note to someone to express your appreciation of them being in your life are all acts that take a moment and have an uplifting effect within us as well.

Begin your morning with the statement - Today, I am thankful for ... and watch the blessings unfold in your life!

Today, I am thankful for my son, my family, my kitties, my job, dragonflies and autumn leaves.

What are you thankful for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails